Australian Rocketry Association INC
July 24, 2017, 10:34:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spalding Rocket Club

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush Fire  (Read 10336 times)
wolfies gurl
ASIO

Polecat Thumper on an M1297 yeah!!!!!

« on: February 06, 2011, 06:36:35 PM »

To all our local members,

We have had a few updates from members in the Kelmscott, Roleystone area and houses have been lost, fortunately none are CAKARA members at this stage however the fire is moving towards us at an alarming rate and the winds have changed to a direct path to our own house. This fire is out of control and 75km/h winds are not helping the fire fighters. 

Spot fires are our main concern at this stage as these are flaring up 400meters ahead of the fire. 100 homes are under threat and we have had an unconfirmed report that Kelmscott Primary has been lost.

Also the PARC President had a fire down the end of his street today, they are safe and sound at the time of typing this.

Here is wishing everyone to stay safe especially those in Roleystone and Clifton Hills (Kelmscott). I will keep everyone updated as our own neighbours start to prepare for spot fires that may become a problem overnight. We even have a tow truck lined up to transport our cars to another safer location at a moments notice.

Stay safe members.

Nat

LEVEL 3 - Australia's first female LEVEL 3 Certification. 100% born and bred.

"Never tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon"
EMiR
ARA Member

Sir L3

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 08:44:05 PM »

indeed, I hope you all get through this safe and sound.

here's to hoping the loses are minimised.

wolfies gurl
ASIO

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 10:32:39 PM »

Not much more to report we are 1.5km away from the last report of fire, the winds are changing all the time making it hard to predict what will happen. We have done all we can to our house to wet everything down as have many of our neighbours. Ash everywhere. 500 people have been evacuated from their homes.

Spot fires are still our concern.

Thoughts are with many friends who are now evacuated from their homes in Roleystone and Clifton Hills, we know power is cut to many homes out that way and the winds are not expected to drop until 11am AWST.

Iconia

A time for change

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 11:14:45 PM »

Sounds like today was a close one.
Good time for a holiday to another state.

I'm not sure what storage limits are in WA but I assume every time a PARC members house goes up there will be a small mushroom cloud on the western horizon.  angry4

I got caught in a rainforest bushfire when I was 13. Best just to run and let the firies deal with it.

Iconia

A time for change

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 12:25:44 AM »

Eerie silence from Phil and Nat today. Hope they got out.

star destroyer
Admin

Welcome to the DARK SIDE

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 03:34:55 PM »

Last I heard they are ok, the fire didn't cross the main Highway, it was the spotfires that was their concern.

Some of their friends have lost everything and some of Nat's girlfriends have not been heard from! One would assume Phil and Nat are just busy or maybe they have lost communications due to the fires.

I am sure that in time we will see them back in full action on the forum.

Storage limits in WA are 15kg of 1.3C and 30kg of 1.4C, Phil and Nat's house is listed with the Fire Brigade and they have the required fire safety set up. I am sure motors would be one of the first things to leave the house if it was safe to transport.

wolfies gurl
ASIO

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 05:18:05 PM »

we are alive Smiley

I was at school all day yesterday I think Phil was trying to keep himself busy cleaning the house

We lost internet and phone at the exchange late last night it has now been restored, not sure for how long but all is good

Yeah a lil worried about some friends especially since their street was listed on the updates guessin they didnt think to grab the mobile phone.

Kelmscott Primary is still ok it seems it was the school across the road but again this is not confirmed, the Kelmscott kids were at our local school Grovelands today and clifton kids at Westfield Park

For those who came to Dowerin, Maddy and Casey live in Roleystone, Maddy's family were evacuated they were lucky and are back home now. Casey's Family was on alert but did not evacuate in the end. Miss 14 Boyfriend was at the end of one of the listed streets they seem to be ok as well. A bridge is down which is the main Hwy this hit a gas line causing dramas, doubt I will be working out that way on the 19th.

I dont think any CAKARA members lost property this is yet to be confirmed though.

Fingers crossed.

Also anyone dropping donations to Armadale Arena they have enough, if you wish to donate apparently they need volunteers more than anything.

To family and friends and friends of friends who lost property and animals our thoughts are with you at such a terrible time. Its such a small community that somebody knows someone who lost everything. All from an angle grinder........

Admiral Alanov
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 06:59:51 PM »

dance :dance:Hi WA
We tried to send you a a bit rain to help with your bush fires but cyclone yasi has run out of puff .all our thoughts are with you .
when did phill start using an angel grinder to adjust his rockets. icon_joker
wolflair
ARA Member

V2

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 10:18:48 PM »

when did phill start using an angel grinder to adjust his rockets. icon_joker

not me but i have used the grinder before on some kits   blsmiley blwink

Join the Australian Rocketry Association INC the largest model and high power rocketry organisation in Australia

ARA # 007
ARA Level 3

WRL Rocketry
Australian Aerotech Dealer
Australian Rocketry Fo
Iconia

A time for change

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 12:02:21 AM »

You can get special wheels and rods for grinding and welding cardboard.

RocketballSA
ARA Member

Fantom on a H170 Sparky

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 06:46:05 PM »

not me but i have used the grinder before on some kits   blsmiley blwink

Sounds like a good idea.  dizwink

AARC Secretary/Treasurer 02,  ARA L2 Flight Test Officer 

Join the AARC http://www.aarc.australianrocketryclub.com.au/contents/en-us/d1.html

Australian Rocketry For
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And CreateAForum.com