Australian Rocketry Association INC
June 28, 2017, 03:23:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Stanbridges Hobbies

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: L2?  (Read 2396 times)
George

L2?
« on: September 26, 2012, 11:44:02 AM »

Ok, not yet. Haha. But I'm going to be getting a rocket this year to build for next year's launch season to be my main 38mm HPR rocket. So I'll get something like a Sentinel or a Samurai (also considering Jackhammer and Iris, but for L2, when I eventually do it, I don't want something that will go TOO high!).
Basically mainly to fly on I motors. But something I can fly a couple of times to make sure it all works, before I eventually (hopefully next year, maybe the one after) attempt L2.

So I'll need to get into serious building techniques, I'll be getting JB weld and all of that to make sure I do it right!

What would you recommend? Thinking the 38mm Samurai, since it doesn't cost a fortune, and the J350s and J500s will be fine. Or should I get a 54mm?
Or any other brands to consider? (I love binder though!)
(I have 38-360 case and closures on the way, so I'll just grab a 38-720 (?) case some time, as opposed to buying a whole 54mm set)

Also, as yet, I know little about L2 certification, so I'm going to have to have a good research around for what I need to actually do...
wolflair
ARA Member

V2

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 02:45:12 PM »

Most of the binder kits will do the job

We can go over level 2 this weekend mate

Join the Australian Rocketry Association INC the largest model and high power rocketry organisation in Australia

ARA # 007
ARA Level 3

WRL Rocketry
Australian Aerotech Dealer
Australian Rocketry Fo
George

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 08:01:08 PM »

Just went through the procedures and stuff. Looks good. Though I'd be happy to stick with my L1, which I've hardly used, for a while yet.
My scary looking scratch build sims nicely on a J350, clipping just over 1km and mach 0.75. Max acceleration 300m/s/s. That would be a fun one. But I think for an actual L2 attempt I'd much rather something a bit more standard.
Rocketmad
ARA Member

I am what I am

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 08:27:25 PM »

do it with a kit you will be safe but seeing your scratch builds in the past i think you would not have a problem either way.
George

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 10:05:24 PM »

Yeah. This is my seriously funny looking scratch build. Flew fine on the H148, but... at least 4 times the impulse... Not so sure. My true level 2 rocket will be all JB weld and 100% proper components. Thinking Samurai, Sentinel, etc.
My current line up for doomsday, the one I'm talking about should be pretty clear. The ugly one.  fangrin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And CreateAForum.com