Australian Rocketry Association INC
April 24, 2017, 07:14:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Advanced Rocketry Queensland

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Binder Design Bat- Level 1 certification  (Read 4516 times)
Nighthawk
ARA Member

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2013, 11:04:32 AM »

The callisto seems the best out of the three.

The Callisto is a very nice kit. That was the first kit I bought after joining PARC. I did my Level 1 cert with that rocket on an H170M motor. Its a strong little kit. I built it with 5 min Araldite and even after smashing a fin off landing on some rocks it was easy to fix and was flying again later the same day.

ARA Member #233
Level 1: 17/6/12 PML Callisto - H170M
Level 2: 29/9/12 PML AMRAAM 4 - J350W
Mr F
ARA Member

I am your father!

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2013, 03:42:37 PM »

Just trawling through the threads (hmmm probably should be working!??!?) and came across this one. Did you make up your mind in the end?

I bought a Binder Spike for my L1... I had a similar criteria (broke... spending too much on rockets as it was)... the main thing was I wanted a kit that flew well on 29mm G motors as well as the smaller H motors. Binder kits are really straightforward and tough... the Spike has had a stack of good flights since then.

I think the main thing that makes it tough is that it has "through the wall" fins (the body tube is cut and the fins glue to the motor tube). Seems obvious but I once bought a LOC kit of a similar size & price (maybe a little cheaper) but it had fins only glued to the body tube. I swear I busted a fin almost every single landing.

They call me Flinty... they call me Johnno... they call me Freddy... always the same...
that's not my name... that's not my name... that's not my name... that's not my name...

EP Rocketry section head
ARA #120
L2 and scheming...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And CreateAForum.com