Australian Rocketry Association INC
August 21, 2017, 09:08:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Congrats to Rocketmad / Darren on passing his Level 3

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chemicals of Security Concern DRAFT COP comments by March 1 2013  (Read 2962 times)
RocketballSA
ARA Member

Fantom on a H170 Sparky

« on: February 06, 2013, 09:54:02 PM »

Draft COP for Chemicals of Security Concern

Feedback from industry sought on the draft National Code of Practice for Chemicals of Security Concern

The Australian Government and state and territory governments have decided to pursue a voluntary code of practice for businesses that manage, handle or use products containing 11 chemicals identified as having the potential to be used to make homemade explosives.

This code will affect importers, manufacturers, transporters, universities, farmers, hardware stores, hairdressers and any other businesses or industry sectors that manage, handle or use any of these chemicals.

Governments do not want these chemicals getting into the wrong hands and Australian businesses play a critical role in achieving that by managing security risks as part of good business practice.

The Attorney-General's Department is looking to these businesses and the community to provide direct feedback on the draft code.  Feedback will feed directly into the revision of the draft code to ensure that it can be easily understood and effectively used by businesses.

You can submit your feedback until 1 March 2013. To download the draft code of practice and for details on how to submit your feedback, visit www.chemicalsecurity.gov.au/PublicConsultation.

Would like to draw to the Australian Rocketry community this DRAFT Code of Practice which is out for public comments until March 1st 2013 above. It should be noted that one of the 11 chemicals of concern is Ammonium Perchlorate (AP) in the following concentrations;

(a)   in aqueous solution containing 10% or higher of ammonium perchlorate; or
(b)   in a form other than aqueous solution, at a concentration of 65% or higher.

Can one of our Australian Rocketry Community technical experts on AP advise us all whether this includes Ammonium Perchlorate Composite Propellant so we can all make appropriate feedback as a group? With things like this everyone needs to be on the same page.  idea1

AARC Secretary/Treasurer 02,  ARA L2 Flight Test Officer 

Join the AARC http://www.aarc.australianrocketryclub.com.au/contents/en-us/d1.html

Australian Rocketry For
EMiR
ARA Member

Sir L3

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 08:44:44 AM »

As usual under the guise of terrorism, they crack down on the public.
This is more about stopping people from making homemade fireworks,  than any thing else.

Saying its to stop terrorism, is just the rhetoric feed to the sheeple
They already banned the good stuff 10 years ago.

I like how they suggest that with their action they are making Australia Safer place
but yet Australian government takes a seat on the US security council, then promptly gets promoted by the U.S and Israel to lead the push for more sanctions on IRAN.
I wonder if this is the great plan of making Australia a safer place, "by painting a big red target on us...."

But I do sleep better though, knowing the kid up the road with his jar of homemade BP, has been taking down by our Government.

Thank you Government for your truly sincere caring of my safety.

Rocketmad
ARA Member

I am what I am

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 11:42:07 AM »

can we appoint someone to put in a say for rocketry hobbyist in oz as if we don't it is going to be hard for us to enjoy our hobby.
RocketballSA
ARA Member

Fantom on a H170 Sparky

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 10:19:20 PM »

(b)   in a form other than aqueous solution, at a concentration of 65% or higher.

Can one of our Australian Rocketry Community technical experts on AP advise us all whether this includes Ammonium Perchlorate Composite Propellant so we can all make appropriate feedback as a group? With things like this everyone needs to be on the same page.  idea1

From the 40 year safety report;

Propellant; Composite solid propellant consisting of approximately 82% Ammonium Perchlorate NH4CIO4 18% elastomers such as synthetic rubber and less than approximately 1% stabilisers, burn rate enhancers, ETC

Join the AARC http://www.aarc.australianrocketryclub.com.au/contents/en-us/d1.html

Australian Rocketry For
RocketballSA
ARA Member

Fantom on a H170 Sparky

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 10:26:27 PM »

As usual under the guise of terrorism, they crack down on the public.
This is more about stopping people from making homemade fireworks,  than any thing else.

Saying its to stop terrorism, is just the rhetoric feed to the sheeple
They already banned the good stuff 10 years ago.

If you review the private submission number 7 on the "public submissions on the regulation impact statement" here; http://www.chemicalsecurity.gov.au/PublicConsultation/Pages/Public%20Submissions%20On%20The%20Regulation%20Impact%20Statement.aspx You may agree EMIR with this chaps assessment. He appears to have it right.  icon_thumright

Australian Rocketry For
RocketballSA
ARA Member

Fantom on a H170 Sparky

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 10:35:40 PM »

can we appoint someone to put in a say for rocketry hobbyist in oz as if we don't it is going to be hard for us to enjoy our hobby.

In general one submission would likely have very little impact. However if we all were on the same page and submitted 500 plus submissions concerning hobby rocketry it would be hard for them to ignore given they must publically publish these submissions.  idea1

Australian Rocketry For
EMiR
ARA Member

Sir L3

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 07:20:49 AM »

firstly, we need to understand if this has any impact on rocketry, and if so, to what extent.

I have started the process of getting information in relation to this,

If it is required to make a submission, then we will do so as a formal submission as a National Rocketry Organization, hopefully along side with TRA-AU

This maybe in the way of a petition, where members can sign on, rather than every one sending letters.

RocketballSA
ARA Member

Fantom on a H170 Sparky

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 07:58:50 AM »

Here EMIR let me show you how it is done; My submission;

Mark Whitechurch

My name is Maurice Laffin and am a hobby rocketry enthusiast. Would like to make the following submission on the proposed Draft Code of Practice.

Add text after Ammoniam Perchlorate (b) in a form other than aqueous solution, at a concentration of 65% or higher. (excluding Ammoniam Perchlorate Composite Propellant)

Substantiation;
Ammoniam Perchlorate Composite Propellant (APCP) is a principal ingredient that is used in the manufacture of hobby rocket motors and was removed by court order in 2009 from the US explosives listing and is no longer regulated in commerce as an explosive. It is not appropriate to include APCP in the 11 chemicals of concern in the draft code of practice.

References
Case 1:00-cv-00273-RBW Document 116 Filed 03/16/2009
List of explosive materials by US ATF updated January 2010.  Ammonium perchlorate explosive mixtures (excluding ammonium perchlorate composite propellant (APCP)).

Thank you for this opportunity to comment.

Yours Faithfully

Maurice Laffin
Hobby rocketry enthusiast.

Am now inviting all Australian Hobby Rocketry enthusiast to submit the same and have your say. The most important thing in your comments is be sure you mention those references. You have till Friday.

Australian Rocketry For
Rocketmad
ARA Member

I am what I am

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 10:54:59 AM »

submitted  dizexclaim
EMiR
ARA Member

Sir L3

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 05:45:42 PM »

not sure where this is come from, but any way,

after speaking to DME here is Brisbane, they seem to think that this draft will have no impact on the sale of APCP rocket motors.

I am waiting for conformation, before I fly off the handle and send irrelevant emails to the DG.

wolflair
ARA Member

V2

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 08:50:19 PM »

My advice in relation to the code is it should have no effect on hobby rocketry , I have contacted a couple of departments and the feed back has been that they have no plans for hobby rocketry products that contain APCP.

Members who wish to submit should do so if they feel strongly about the subject.

Join the Australian Rocketry Association INC the largest model and high power rocketry organisation in Australia

ARA # 007
ARA Level 3

WRL Rocketry
Australian Aerotech Dealer
Australian Rocketry Fo
EMiR
ARA Member

Sir L3

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 10:44:01 PM »

I concur with Phil, at this stage there is no need for a formal letter from ARA in relation to this matter.

but I would suggest if members feel the need to have their input into this, please do so.

RocketballSA
ARA Member

Fantom on a H170 Sparky

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2013, 01:23:45 PM »

The final code has now been completed and for everyones info it does include rocketry. Had my say anyway.  dizrolleyes

http://www.chemicalsecurity.gov.au/Governments/DevelopingaNationalCodeofPractice/Pages/default.aspx

Australian Rocketry For
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And CreateAForum.com